Our approach to Leadership Development
Pearlman-Shaw Consulting bring you a unique approach to developing leaders. Our programmes and modules concentrate on how you change your behaviours to increase your personal effectiveness and business impact, now particularly important in the context of Covid-19. Using well proven psychological methods we enable team members to choose, then enact the essential tasks of authentic leadership and sustain those behaviours in a way that suits their personal styles.
Developing Leaders Remotely
Since March 2020 all our leadership development services have moved online. The exciting challenge has been how to translate pragmatic leadership and team development programmes into an online offer with maximum impact. We now offer interactive, multimedia ‘leadership impact modules’ on Zoom or MS Teams. We have deconstructed our in-situ workshops into ‘horizontal’ programmes, short chunks of practical learning followed by personal or team application. We support this by interactive online activities, live whiteboard demonstrations, small group sessions, pairs conversations and even video illustrations.
These ‘Leadership Impact Modules’ focus on core learning with built in application activities. Teams can choose a single module or combine a number into a development programme. These can easily be tailored to meet specific organisational or team dynamic needs. Each module is for no longer than 2 hours delivered remotely on a platform of your choice. They are for groups ideally up to 12 people. Larger teams can be accommodated. These include:
- Enhancing Leadership and Team Impact. Authentic behaviours for success: essential 21st Century leadership behaviours- how to have an even more effective impact on each other
- Organisational change in the post Covid-19 era: lead using the new psychology of change
- Motivating & engaging in tricky and tense situations. Having the most difficult conversations & navigating the challenge of feedback
- The neuroscience of influencing: how to be heard and have your thinking followed
- How to have a good day for your brain: enhancing and maintaining resilience
- The new psychology of team-working: creating shared identity and team safety
- Diversity and Inclusion, an essential topic of our times. How to recognise, manage and decrease your unconscious bias and grow diversity in your team
Application. To maximise application and impact these can be followed by a team session or a 1-1 application meeting with individual members of the team. This approach is particularly helpful when dealing with tense or tricky issues or dynamics. We also facilitate action learning where new learning can be successfully applied and rehearsed.
For more in-depth details about our modules please contact us directly.
To support these approaches we also offer:
- Development of leadership expectation frameworks: prior to leadership development we can help you to define your leadership expectations. This helps to define how you want your leaders to behave and provides an important first step to any leadership development
- 360 Degree Feedback
- A range of Psychometrics
Recent 2020 Testimonials
From an SLT member in Education. “I have worked in a middle and then senior leadership provision for over 15 years to date and have never received input that has affected my practice in a fraction of the way that this development programme has.”
From an SLT member on her team: ”I’m not sure what magic you performed but my line reports have been very different since your programme!”
From an SLT member following a series of remote modules. “It was really good being on the course. You clearly know your stuff and I learned a lot just from your ability to teach online never mind the course content”.