Leadership Development at Pearlman-Shaw Consultancy
The context for leadership development has changed
Leaders “need to be amateur psychologists: in this new world of motivating remote workers, managing their own and other’s resilience, and influencing from afar, understanding human psychology is now an essential leadership attribute” Pearlman-Shaw, The HR Director February 2021
Pearlman-Shaw Consultancy meets this new need
Where other forms leadership development concentrate on ‘what’ you need to do to be a good leader, we use validated psychological tools and models to deep dive into ‘how’ you actually enact this. We take the very latest in psychology, neuroscience and leadership theory, and turn it into clear, practical and personalized leadership enhancements. Ours is a tailor-made approach, focusing on the unique needs of each leader and your organisation.
We develop and support your ‘Behaviours for Success’
Our flexible online modules and in-person programmes interweaved with 1-1 or small group application equip you to meet your leadership challenges in the post-pandemic era, especially hybrid working, business transformation, culture change, performance management and especially, leadership resilience & wellbeing.
We can deliver these as one-offs or design them to flow together in development programmes.
We apply psychological thinking and method to anything you need.
Examples of our recent, most commissioned bespoke team and leadership development sessions, both in person and online, have been:
- How to have a good day for your brain: enhancing and maintaining resilience
- Approaching and mananging tricky conversations - using Transactional Analysis to master ‘art’ of the tricky or tense conversation
- Leading & managing remote teams: the essential to dos, and not to dos, for remote and hybrid working
- How we sell and our customers buy: the psychology of sales and negotiation
- Engaging people through change : using the psychological 'tasks of transition' to avoid resistance & increase engagement
- The neuroscience of influencing: how to be heard and have your thinking followed
- How to lead a highly performing team - the new psychology of team-working: drawing from contemporary psychological research we identify the psychological factors’ teams need in place to be highly successful
- Inclusive leadership: leadership skills and behaviours needed to increase inclusivity
- Doing Your Best in Limited Time: proven techniques to improve attention and time and task management
- DEI and the Brain: a neuroscience look at how to change personal and organisational systems to improve inclusivity
- Speaking up in a system: essential communication skills for the most difficult situations
- Relationship Building, growing Emotional Intelligence at work: practical skills to enhance workplace relationships
We will think with you about the leadership behaviours you need to enact and HOW, then tailor sessions to your needs. We offer online, face-to-face and blended options for our services.
Testimonials from our Leadership Development Programmes
From an Executive Team member. “I can't tell you how much your support has meant. Best ever leadership development hands down. It has changed me - and that is utter testament to the power of your approach”.
From an SLT member in Education. “I have worked in a middle and then senior leadership provision for over 15 years to date and have never received input that has affected my practice in a fraction of the way that this development programme has.”
From a Head of Department: I feel very fortunate to have benefitted from Kate’s wisdom and expertise as part of a Leadership & Development Programme I attended. Kate is professional to the core and delivers informative and thought provoking sessions, covering themes that can be applied to personal and professional relationships. I found the sessions engaging and Kate’s real-life examples provided context to help digest some of the more complex topics. I could listen to Kate for hours – despite participating via online training using a virtual platform, Kate engaged with the audience and connected participants by offering a safe space to reflect, share experiences and build knowledge. I have attended several leadership and development programmes in the past and Kate knocks spots of them. Her programme is 5* and I would highly recommend Kate.
From an SLT member on her team: ”I’m not sure what magic you performed but my line reports have been very different since your programme!”
Testimonial about our remote psychological development sessions
"Kate’s informative and engaging sessions have received excellent feedback across the organisation: ‘some of the best learning I’ve done in years’ and ‘outstanding and informative’ bring to life responses from participants. The combination of theory, real time experience, and opportunity for discussion and reflection result in participants being able to connect mind, heart and soul with the content which allows them to confidently apply the learning". OD Lead at a London Council